2007 Residency Match - Scramble Day
So I ranked this program and they ranked me. Neither of us matched (NRMP mistake?). By some "twist of fate" as some put it (I prefer - "Act of God"), I was able to get in contact with the program director and get one of two unmatched spaces before they even knew what hit them. If I had to do it all over again, I would have been more prepared. I was thrilled when my top choice program had openings. I interviewed there, I spent a month long visiting rotation there, so as long as they still liked me, I should have no problem getting in - if, of course I can get past the voicemail... Then I had the bright idea to find the number and call the program director directly. BINGO. I have matched on Scramble day in less than an hour. I was going to write tips and such, but I found a phenomenal wealth of information just by googling "residency scramble 2007" (should have done this yesterday... duh) What I did learn and would do different if this was all a dream ...
Comments